Culture & Benefits
What’s different about ALMACO?
We live by three core values of integrity, diligence, and reputation. We feel that it is important in all aspects of our lives to demonstrate these values to ourselves, our co-workers, our clients, our community and our families.
We are family owned and operated. This means we do things a little differently – meals together as a company every quarter, a Christmas party in the winter and a family picnic in the summer – plus birthday cake and fruit every month.
We know that everyone has responsibilities outside of work – this is why we offer a choice of core hours and flexibility to change those hours every once in a while during the week to take care of personal matters. We want to make sure that each employee feels that they can balance their work responsibilities with their family and home life.
Benefits at ALMACO
ALMACO offers a comprehensive benefit package for all regular full time employees. This includes:
- Health Insurance (two choices of plans to fit different families)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental insurance including Accident, Cancer and Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (Starting at two weeks/year)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Availability of materials and equipment for personal projects
Employees are eligible for most benefits on the first day of the month after thirty days of employment.
Events at ALMACO
- Christmas Party for employees and their guests
- Employee Picnic for employees and their families
- Chili and Soup Cook-off
- Company Wide Thanksgiving Potluck and Food Drive
- Quarterly company luncheons
- On-site Blood Drive
- Participation in Nevada’s Angel Tree Program
- On-site Flu Shot Clinic